Aplins Farm, the home of Otter Valley Dairy, certainly is an exciting place to be, and we absolutely love what we do.
A proud farming family.
We are extremely proud of our family business and of what we have achieved, seeing three generations working together, to create Award winning Ice Cream, from cow to cone.
Gill makes the Ice Cream along with invaluable help from Alison. You’ll find Carrie in the summerhouse, Rebecca in the office and Delphine busily helping behind the scenes (along with our wonderful summer helpers). The men in our family, Antony, Ashley along with Jess manage the farm - but they can be found close to the ice cream dairy when they know their favourite flavour is being made.
Our lovely cows, who eat the lush pastures of the Otter Valley, are the foundation blocks of our Award Winning Ice Cream. We carry fresh milk straight from the milk tank to our Ice Cream dairy, only 10 metres away.
Made only ever in small batches from scratch.
Unlike large producers our gelato style Ice Cream is made only ever in small batches.
We are passionate about creating the best possible gelato style Ice Cream. We have travelled to Italy on several occasions to learn from the worlds best, as well taking gelato making master classes, and gathering master skills from an Italian Chef.
It really is quality you can taste.
SMOOTH, CREAMY, FULL OF FLAVOUR & UTTERLY INDULGENT.
Since starting the business in 2010 we are very proud to have won Local, Regional & National Awards.
- Winner of Gold at Taste of the West 2017
- Winner of Gold at Taste of the West 2016
- Ice Cream Champion - Devon County Show 2015
- Ice Cream Champion - Devon County Show 2014
- Ice Cream Champion - Devon County Show 2013
- Best Ice Cream of the Year 2012 - Taste of the West
- Overall Ice Cream Champion - Devon County Show 2012
- Best Ice Cream and Sorbet of the Year 2011 - Taste of the West
- Winner of Gold, and Silver Taste of the West 2011
- Winner of two-gold stars at The Great Taste Awards - 2011
- National Ice Cream Awards - Diploma of Merit - 2010
- Winner of Gold, and Silver Taste of the West 2010
- Winner of Gold, Silver & Bronze Devon County Show 2010